Here, at the Days Inn Gunnison, you will be surrounded by the awe-inspiring landscape of the Grand Mesa, Uncompahgre and Gunnison National Forests. You will have endless possibilities for your next outdoor adventure. Not only does Gunnison serve as your nature escape, but our historic mountain town has plenty to offer to fill your evenings up as well.
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park is one of the nation’s most breathtaking scenic treasures. Carved through solid granite over countless millennia, the dark canyon walls plunge an amazing 2,700 feet to the Gunnison River below.
- Blue Mesa Reservoir is the largest lake in Colorado, and is located just outside of the town of Gunnison. With its 96 miles of shoreline, Blue Mesa has become a very popular recreation area during every season, and features two full service marinas. Blue mesa offers a variety of activities including: fishing, boating, watersports and wind surfing.
- The Curecanti National Recreation Area is a series of three reservoirs along the once wild Gunnison River. The reservoirs that make up Curecanti today are a destination for water-based recreation high in the Rocky Mountains. Best known for salmon and trout fishing, Curecanti also offers opportunities for hiking, boating, camping, and bird watching.
- Crested Butte/Mt. Crested Butte has evolved into a popular year-round resort area. In winter, skiers come to these communities to experience some of the best terrain in the country, including the best selection of “extreme” skiing the Rockies. In the summer, picture-perfect days, cool nights and spectacular setting encourage visitors to hike, mountain bike, horseback ride or drive through some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.
- Within 1 mile of the hotel you can find yourself relaxing, cold beer in hand, at the High Alpine Brewing company. The local Gunnison Brewery offer 4 different locally brewed beers on tap, pizza, and good conversations.
- Learn the history of the Gunnison area at the Gunnison Pioneer Museum. This Museum provides information about the early pioneers who settled in Gunnison Valley, dating back to 1880 . It features 16 buildings, historical artifacts, and many different informational displays.
There is so much for you, your family, or your friends to enjoy during a getaway to Montrose. Plus, we offer such great hotel deals, your will feel like a million bucks after booking your stay.